I have a thing for nutella. Perhaps it is because it is made in Canada or perhaps it is just because it is super delicious! I am hoping in the near future we can make our own nutella but for now I am saving up for a proper food processor that will make it as good as nutella does...
or better! (if that is even feasible)
One of the things we enjoy for a quick breakfast is homemade granola bars with nutella and a nice cup of tea.
A great way to start a day, so I thought I would share its goodness with all of you....
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup raw coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour, chocolate chunks and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
Enjoy your weekend, friends!